Terms And Conditions of Sale
Cadi Company, Inc. Terms & Conditions of Sale
All sales of products (“Goods”) by Cadi Company, Inc. (referred to herein as “Seller”, “Cadi” and/or “Cadi Company”) are subject to the terms and conditions of sale set forth herein (the “Terms”). References to “Contract” in these terms includes any Purchase Order received by Seller from the buyer of the Goods (the “Buyer”) the Invoice for such Goods issued by Seller, any other express written contract relating to the Goods signed by the Buyer and Seller and these Terms. Any attempt by Buyer to insert additional or different terms and conditions into its order is rejected by Seller.
- PRICES: All prices are F.O.B. (or in the case of international orders Ex Works (EXW) Seller’s plant and exclusive of any federal, state or local sales, use or excise taxes and/or duties. Wherever applicable, any tax will be added to the invoice as a separate charge to be paid by Buyer. All quotations by Seller automatically expire 30 calendar days from date of issue. The price of any Goods scheduled for shipment on a date beyond a period of 120 days from Seller’s order confirmation is subject to increase by Seller unless otherwise stated on the Contract.
- PAYMENT: The price is firm only for the number of units specified in the purchase order. Price is payable in cash or as otherwise specified in Cadi’s quotation, which is incorporated by this reference. Payment is due in U.S. Dollars, upon submission of invoice, and the full amount of payment shall be due within thirty (30) days of submission of invoice, without discount unless otherwise specified in Cadi’s quotation.
- LATE PAYMENT: Any amount not paid to Seller when due shall bear interest at the rate of the lower of 18% per annum or the maximum interest rate permitted by law, calculated from the due date for payment. If Buyer fails to make timely payment or if, in Seller’s opinion, the financial condition of Buyer or other grounds of insecurity warrant such action, Seller may, without limiting its other remedies, (i) suspend shipments pending receipt of payment in advance or other security satisfactory to Seller; (ii) accelerate the payment terms; (iii) cancel orders; and/or (iv) terminate the Contract. Buyer shall remain liable for all unpaid amounts and 150% of the actual cost of material/work in progress and direct labor expended by Seller in reasonable anticipation of its fulfillment of the Contract. If Buyer fails to make timely payments, Seller shall be entitled to recover from the Buyer all reasonable costs of collection incurred by it, including attorneys’ fees. Seller may sell all or any part of the undelivered Goods with or without notice at public or private sale, and Buyer shall be responsible for any loss or expenses incurred by Seller in connection therewith. Seller reserves the right to require payment through bank letter of credit or cash transfer prior to the shipment of product. First orders on new accounts will require payment by bank credit card, C.O.D. or payment in advance of order acceptance.
- CREDIT LINE: If Seller elects, in its sole discretion, to extend credit to Buyer, Seller may (at any time) modify, limit, or cancel the credit of Buyer as to time and/or amount, and may thereafter refuse to deliver any part of the Goods, except against payment in cash at or prior to delivery.
- CERTIFICATIONS: Cadi will comply with all material specification requirements upon written notification of the purchase order. Failure to supply the specification, certification and request for test requirements at the time of quotation and purchase order will release Cadi from responsibility of product return and liability. Requests for certification and / or testing after product release will result in additional charges.
- SAFETY AND HEALTH COMMUNICATIONS: Cadi Company will furnish upon request to the Customer Safely Data Sheets which include health safety and other hazard communication information on the products consistent with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s Hazard Communications Standard.
- CHANGES: Should Seller make any changes at the request of Buyer, the parties shall re-negotiate the price and the time schedules quoted herein to reflect cost or schedule adjustments caused by the changes. Seller shall not be obligated to perform work on any changes without written agreement from Buyer.
- CANCELLATION: Partial or total cancellation of, or revision to, an order may be made only by Buyer’s written request that is accepted by Seller’s written consent and then only on the condition that Buyer reimburse Seller for all losses and damages resulting from the cancellation or revisions, including cancellation charges imposed by Seller. If the order calls for special sizes or requires special materials or tooling, cancellation charges will be made on the basis of costs incurred and time expended.
- DELAYS: In the event Buyer causes Seller to delay engineering, manufacturing, shipping, installation, or startup of production under the Contract, any additional costs incurred by Seller shall be reimbursed by Buyer. Should Buyer require Seller to delay engineering, manufacturing, shipping, or startup by more than 30 days, then Seller shall invoice Buyer for a total of 100% of the value of all work completed, and the invoice shall be due and payable net 15 days.
- COMPLETE ORDERS: Seller reserves the right to call any order for standard Goods complete if the final shipment is within 1% of the total due. On Goods that are of a special size or require special materials or tooling, Seller reserves the right to call the order complete if the final shipment plus or minus 10% of the total order.
- SHIPPING: All material is shipped FOB (or in the case of international orders Ex Works (EXW) from Naugatuck, Connecticut unless otherwise specified and agreed upon under a separate contract. Goods shall be suitably packaged and prepared for shipment by the most economical (best way) carrier unless otherwise specified and agreed upon by both parties on the customer’s purchase order. Title to the products transfers to the Customer at the time of shipment, and liability for any loss, damage or harm to the products during shipment will be borne exclusively by the Customer.
- EXPORT COMPLIANCE: Seller’s quotation or order acceptance is contingent upon the overseas destination for shipment of products under a General License G-DEST (or other General License) under the Export Administration Regulations adopted by the United States Department of Commerce. Such products shall not be intended for and will not be utilized for shipment to embargoed countries as prohibited by 31 CFR, Chapter 5 of regulations adapted by the United States Treasure Department and 15 CRF Chapter 7 of the EAR.
- RETURNS: Cadi Company will accept returns on non-conforming material originally sold by Cadi Company upon appropriate authorization from Cadi Company and issuance of a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. Cadi Company shall be given reasonable opportunity to investigate all claims and Buyer may return no products to Seller until after receipt by Buyer of definite shipping instructions from Seller via the RMA. All material must be returned in a reasonable condition in original or equivalent packaging to protect material in transit. Goods must be returned to Cadi as specified on the RMA via common carrier or UPS as appropriate. Cadi Company will return reworked or product replacement prepaid via the common carrier of Cadi’s choice.
- SURCHARGE: A material/energy surcharge may be applied if Buyer requests that shipments occur over a period of time in excess of 120 days. In addition, any increase in the price of the Goods caused by increases in raw materials and/or energy costs from the date of the Contract to the date of final shipment shall, result in a surcharge, and be shown as a separate line item on Seller’s invoice to Buyer.
- INSURANCE AND RISK OF LOSS: The Goods manufactured by Seller shall at all times after delivery to Buyer, Buyer’s agent or transportation company, whichever occurs first, be the sole responsibility of Buyer, and all loss or damage to said Goods or any part thereof shall be borne by Buyer (even if Seller has arranged for transportation), unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- DEFECTIVE GOODS: Claims for defective Goods or workmanship must be verified by Seller or an authorized representative of Seller, before return of any Goods. Further, shipping instructions and written authorization must be obtained from Seller before Goods are returned. All claims for shortage or defective Goods must be made within 30 days from the date of delivery.
- DETERMINATION OF FITNESS OF CADI COMPANY’S PRODUCTS FOR CUSTOMER’S USE: Cadi Company expressly disclaims any expertise or other special knowledge with regard to the Customer’s intended applications for utilizing Cadi Company’s products and offers to sell the products on the condition that Customer assumes all responsibility for determining suitability of same. The Customer expressly acknowledges that in selecting Cadi Company’s products for use in the manufacture of its products, the Customer has made its own evaluation concerning the use of Cadi Company’s products and has not relied on any representation by any employee or agent of Cadi Company to determine the suitability of Cadi Company’s products for use in Customer’s applications. The Customer acknowledges that it is solely responsible for independently determining such suitability and that the Customer is relying solely on its own studies, data and other relevant information to determine whether the Customer’s products and the material contained therein (including Cadi’s products) are suitable for the Customer’s applications.
- ACCEPTANCE: The following shall be deemed to be acceptance of the Goods by Buyer: (i) Payment of the purchase price for the Goods; (ii) use of the Goods in a product manufactured by Buyer; or (iii) Buyer’s resale of the Goods. On all Goods rejected for non-conformance or for which acceptance is justifiably revoked by Buyer due to non-conformance, and all Goods delivered in error (including Goods in excess of the quantity ordered by Buyer), Seller shall retrieve such Goods upon written notice from Buyer and if it does not do so within 30 days, Buyer reserves the right to return such goods by any reasonable means.
- FORCE MAJEURE: Seller shall be excused for delays in the performance of its obligations hereunder due to causes beyond its reasonable control, or the control of its suppliers, including, but not limited to acts of God, acts of war, terrorism, riots, civil disorders, rebellions, revolutions, strikes, labor disputes, sabotage, accident or breakdown of machinery or plant, unavailability of transportation, restraints affecting the delivery of material or credit, any acts by a third party, any third party products or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Seller, including, but not limited to failures or fluctuations in electrical power, heat, light, air conditioning, computer hardware and/or software or telecommunications equipment (each, an “Event of Force Majeure”). Upon the occurrence of an Event of Force Majeure, Seller shall be excused for such non-performance, hindrance or delay, as applicable, of those obligations affected by the Event of Force Majeure for as long as such Event of Force Majeure continues and Seller continues to use commercially reasonable efforts to recommence performance whenever and to whatever extent possible without undue delay. If the Event of Force Majeure causes a delay of 120 consecutive days or more from the original date of performance, Buyer shall have the right to terminate the Contract by written notice to Seller, it being understood that the right of termination shall be the sole and exclusive remedy of Buyer.
- CONFIDENTIALITY: Buyer shall keep all proprietary or non-public information or data confidential of or regarding Seller or the Goods, including without limitation all pricing, shipping and payment terms and other information disclosed and/or supplied by Seller as part of, or in conjunction with, the Contract.
- LIMITED WARRANTY: The Goods will be free from defects at the time of delivery and will conform to Buyer’s specifications, provided, however, that the specifications are submitted to Seller in writing prior to Seller’s commencement of work to fulfill the order. This warranty is limited to repair, replacement or issuing of credit, as Seller may elect, of such Goods as shall appear and be determined by Seller, upon inspection and verification, to have been defective in material or workmanship, but does not include any installation, labor or transportation costs. All warranty requests require Seller’s written authorization and a new Purchase Order. After evaluation, if deemed to be covered under warranty, the new Purchase Order will not be charged. No warranty is made with respect to items manufactured by others. Misapplication, misuse, revision, or alteration (i.e., dimensional, characteristics, chemical properties, or metallurgical properties) of the Goods, without written approval by Seller, will void the limited warranty.
- WARRANTY EXCLUSION: Except for the Limited Warranty set forth in Section 20, SELLER PROVIDES THE GOODS “AS IS” AND MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, WRITTEN OR ORAL, AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES ARE SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY OTHER WARRANTY ARISING BY STATUTE, OPERATION OF LAW, COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: SELLER’S TOTAL LIABILITY AND BUYER’S OR ANY THIRD PARTY’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM OF ANY TYPE WHATSOEVER, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTRACT OR USE OF SELLER’S GOODS, SHALL BE LIMITED TO PROVEN DIRECT DAMAGES ARISING FROM SELLER’S NEGLIGENCE OR BREACH OF ITS OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY BUYER TO SELLER UNDER THE CONTRACT.
- EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES: IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER HAVE ANY LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT, FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF INTERESTS, PROFITS, REVENUES, OR USE) SUFFERED BY BUYER, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE CONTRACT, EVEN IF BUYER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES OR DAMAGES. SELLER ALSO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO MISUSE OF THE GOODS, IMPROPER GOODS SELECTION, GOODS RECOMMENDATION, OR MISAPPLICATION OF THE GOODS.
- INDEMNIFICATION: Buyer shall indemnify and hold Seller, and its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless against any and all losses, claims, damages, judgments, liabilities, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and expenses) arising out of or in any way related to (i) Buyer’s obligations under the Contract; (ii) Buyer’s use of or changes to the Goods; (iii) defects in the Goods due to the specifications furnished by Buyer to Seller; and (iv) amounts, including taxes, interest and penalties which are obligations of Buyer.
- TRADE TERMS; GOVERNING LAW; VENUE: The Contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut, excluding its conflict of laws rules. Any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action arising out of or in any way relating to the Contract must be brought in solely and exclusively in the Superior Court for the State of Connecticut, in the Waterbury Judicial District. Each party irrevocably accepts and submits to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the aforesaid court, in personam, generally and unconditionally with respect to any action, suit or proceeding brought by it or against it by the other party.
- SEVERABILITY AND WAIVER: If any provision hereof shall be held illegal or unenforceable by any regulatory body or court of competent jurisdiction, such provision(s) shall be deemed null and void and separable from, and shall in no way affect or impair the validity or enforceability of, the remaining provisions. No delay or omission by Seller to exercise any right or power it has under the Contract shall impair or be construed as a waiver of such right or power. A waiver by Seller of any breach or covenant shall not be construed to be a waiver of any succeeding breach or any other covenant.
- ASSIGNMENT: Buyer shall not assign, without the prior written consent of Seller, any right or interest under the Contract. Any actual or attempted assignment without Seller’s consent prior written consent shall entitle Seller to terminate the Contract upon notice to Buyer.
- AMENDMENTS: No amendment to, or change, waiver or discharge of, any provision of the Contract shall be valid unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each of Buyer and Seller.
- GENERAL: The Terms set forth here supersede and take precedence over any and all terms, including, but not limited to, any contrary terms, in any documents (such as proposals, invoices, shipping documents, purchase orders or other writings, whether or not preprinted or signed by Seller’s or Buyer’s agent, employee, or representative) submitted by Buyer to Seller. If there is a conflict or inconsistency between the Terms and the terms and conditions of any subsequent purchase order or delivery document, these Terms shall control. The headings in the Contract are for convenience of reference only and shall not affect its interpretation or construction. The provisions of the Contract which by their nature are intended to survive the termination, cancellation, completion or expiration of the Contract, including the payment, indemnification, limitation of liability, exclusion of damages, confidentiality, and this Section 30 shall continue as valid and enforceable obligations of the parties notwithstanding any such termination, cancellation, completion or expiration. Buyer represents that it is not insolvent, and in the event that Buyer becomes insolvent before the delivery of the Goods, it will notify Seller in writing.
D-8.7-4 REV. C 10-16-2017